This year, the Anzac Day march will be taking a different route through the CBD, as well as a change of location for the Civic Ceremony.
To ensure that as many people as possible can access the march and ceremony, The Council have decided to take the march through East Street to William Street and eventually onto Quay Street!
The Ceremony itself will begin at 11AM and will be relocated to the scenic riverside of Rod Laver Plaza to properly commemorate our veterans and fallen heroes.
The exact details of the March are as below:
Assembly at 9.00AM, step off at 9.57AM from intersection of Archer and Alma Streets. March moves along Archer Street, turns right into Victoria Parade, under Fitzroy Bridge, right into Fitzroy Street, left into and along East Street, left into William Street and right into Quay Street as directed by traffic controllers.
Of course with the march, you can expect a change in traffic conditions between 6.00AM and 1.00PM on Thursday 25th of April.
See the full list of road closures below:
- Alma Street – between Cambridge and Fitzroy Streets
- Alma Lane – between Cambridge and Archer Streets
- Archer Street – between Denison Street and Victoria Parade
- Bolsover Lane – between Cambridge and Archer Streets
- Denham Street – between East Lane and Quay Street
- East Street – between Fitzroy Street and Market Lane
- East Lane/Quay Lane – between Cambridge and Fitzroy Streets
- Fitzroy Street – between Quay and East Streets
- Quay Lane – between Fitzroy and William Streets
- Victoria Parade/Quay Street – between Archer and Derby Streets
- Royal Street – between East Street and Victoria Parade
- William Street – between East Lane and Quay Street
Please note the Fitzroy Bridge will NOT be closed. Motorist and pedestrians are asked to exercise caution and observe all signs and traffic directions.
Just incase all of these instructions are a bit confusing, the Council have also provided us with a detailed map of expected traffic conditions:
So clear your schedule for Thursday 25th and head on down to your local Anzac Service to pay your respects!