toggle menu
Live: 92.5 Gold FM Gold Coast
 
Listen live

Balcony fire causes evacuation

BBQ ablaze in Surfers Paradise

Balcony fire causes evacuation

Image: Nine News Gold Coast

A barbecue and fridge have apparently caused a bit of a scare, after going up in flames at a Surfers Paradise apartment block.

The blaze broke out on a balcony of the beach-side complex around 6pm on Wednesday, forcing a partial evacuation of residents and holiday-makers.

They gathered out onto the footpath while fire crews attended the scene on Elkhorn Avenue.

Firefighters managed to put the flames out quickly.

Paramedics were on stand-by but no one was injured during the incident.

;