toggle menu
Live: Gold FM 92.5 Gold Coast
 
Listen live

Cigarette To Blame For Fire At Southport Unit Block

One woman assessed at the scene

Cigarette To Blame For Fire At Southport Unit Block

Emergency crews have raced to the scene of a fire at Southport this morning.

The blaze broke out on the balcony of a second storey unit on Marine Parade around 3am.

It was believed outdoor chairs caught alight from a cigarette.

Fire fighters managed to get the flames under control quickly, while everyone inside the apartment building got out safely.

One woman was assessed by paramedics at the scene for emotional distress, but didn't need to go to hospital for further treatment.

Residents were allowed back in once the scene was cleared around 4am.

;