Council and lifeguards are preparing for some rough conditions out on the water this week.
As tropical cyclone Oma moves towards the coast, there were concerns it could whip up some big waves that could damage our shoreline.
Mayor Tom Tate was confident the beaches were ready, after dredging added millions of cubic metres of sand over the past two years.
However, the Mayor was concerned two major beach and seawall restorations underway at Narrowneck and Surfers Paradise could be affected.
He said they would try their best to contain the damage.
"You can't time Mother Nature; what I will say is we're going flat out, as quickly as we can," he said.
The remaining shark nets were being stripped from Gold Coast waters on Tuesday as well, before the cyclonic conditions were due to hit.
Shark control equipment was pulled from Surfers Paradise and Main Beach last week due to the predicted strong winds and rough swell, with all other nets from Rainbow Beach on the Sunshine Coast right down to the New South Wales border coming out this week.
Fisheries Queensland Shark Control Program Manager Jeff Krause said they were removing the equipment so it didn't get damaged by the rough surf, and become a hazard to swimmers and boaties.
"We'll constantly review the weather forecast over the next 48 hours and upon those reviews and weather forecasts, that's when we'll make a decision where it's safe enough to put the shark control equipment back out to sea," he said.