The City of Gold Coast has opened three sandbagging as we wait to see the impact of Cyclone Oma.
The Weather Bureau has issued a Cyclone Watch for a 600km stretch of the east coast, showing just how unpredictable the situation is.
Everywhere were from Bundaberg to Ballina NSW is on alert, including the Gold Coast.
Sandbagging locations are:
- Coomera depot – 232 Old Pacific Highway, Pimpama. The site is located in an area adjacent to the Le Mans Kart Track, in close proximity to the City’s Coomera Depot.
- Reedy Creek depot – 61 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Waters. The site is located within the City’s Waste and Recycling Centre with separate street access.
- Tugun depot – Boyd Street, Bilinga. The site is located in the City’s land adjacent to the Depot. Access is via the service road to the desalination plant and former waste facility.
Opening hours are:
- Thursday 21 February 11am – 6pm
- Friday 22 February 6am – 6pm
- Saturday 23 February 6am – 6pm
Please note there is a 15 bag limit per household.
These are pre-filled sandbags.
For more information head to dashboard.cityofgoldcoast.com.au