Some people people will go to great lengths to get rid of a spider problem in their home, but firefighters in the US have responded to perhaps the most extreme of cases.
Tucson fire crews were called to a mobile home on Sunday night around 9:30pm after its owner decided to fire up a propane blowtorch to clear spiders and spider webs from the trailer, KGUN9 TV reports.
While the fire department is still looking into what officially caused the fire, an elderly woman was reportedly injured after she was carried away from the smoke and flames by her son with the help of neighhours.
She was treated at the scene by ambulance officers and no there were no other reports of injury.
No news on the whereabouts of the spider.