toggle menu
Live: Gold FM 92.5 Gold Coast
 
Listen live

Wallsend Man Causes Gas Leak While Burying Dead Dog

Firefighters had to be called..

Wallsend Man Causes Gas Leak While Burying Dead Dog

A Wallsend man burying a pet dog in his backyard overnight has caused a gas leak, after accidentally rupturing a gas main.

Fire and Rescue NSW and the gas company were called to Davis Street just before 8:30pm.

The man told firefighters he thought he'd struck a tree root, however he then noticed gas.

The leak was quickly plugged and the area was deemed safe.

Firefighters say it's a reminder to dial before you dig.

;