Margaret River Gourmet Escape has expanded its 2017 program, introducing four new events and chef collaborations across the four-day food and wine extravaganza:
- The World’s Best Female Chef of 2017, Ana Ros, will return to showcase the flavours of Slovenia at the World Discovery Dinner at Voyager Estate presented by Audi,
- Singapore mixologist Vijay Mudaliar will join WA chef, Paul Iskov for an incredible culinary adventure by helicopter
- Melbourne’s acclaimed chef and restaurateur, Andrew McConnell will collaborate with local chef Aaron Carr at The Great Soirée at Fraser Gallop Estate
- Rising young female chef, Jo Barrett (Oakridge Wines) will join her partner, Matt Stone at the newly opened Amelia Park Winery Restaurant
- Sole Mio will be the ultimate Italian long-table lunch with Italian Michelin-starred chef, Anthony Genovese (Il Pagliaccio, Rome) and George Cooper (Food by the Chef) at Olio Bello
- Woodlands Wines will be opening their barrel room to host Gan Bei, a chinese feast prepared by festival first-timer and Michelin-starred chef, Andrew Wong (A Wong, London) and Andrew Bennett (Lucky Chan's, Perth)
- There’s new events at the Gourmet Village including intimate gin blending masterclasses from The Margaret River Distilling Company, The Butcher’s Block where the stars of ‘Eat Australia’ Andy Allen and Ben Milbourne explore the fine art of butchery. The World’s Best Chefs Table will see a selection of some of the world’s top chefs take their guests on an exceptional and intimate culinary journey - featuring Ana Ros, Alex Atala (D.O.M, Brazil), Asia’s Best Female Chef May Chow (Little Bao, Hong Kong), David Thompson (Nahm, Thailand), Andre Chiang (Restaurant Andre, Singapore) and Ashley Palmer-Watts (Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, UK).
And for the first time, children under 12 receive free admission to the Gourmet Village!