ANZAC Day is tomorrow, with services to be held across Sydney to commemorate Australians and New Zealanders who have served and lost their lives in war.
If you would like to attend a service near you, a list of places hosting services is available here, complete with run times for the marches and any other commemorative activities being held.
In Martin Place at the Cenotaph, the Dawn Service commences at 4.15am, with the ANZAC Day March starting at 9am.
There will be widespread road closures and parking restrictions in the CBD to accommodate the service and spectators.
Anyone travelling in to the city is advised to take public transport if possible, with additional early morning trains and buses running regularly to the city.
The closest station to the Dawn Service is Martin Place on the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line. Catch a train to Town Hall and change for a service to Martin Place leaving from Platform 5. Alternatively catch a train to Wynyard and walk to Martin Place.
The closest stations to the March along Elizabeth St are Martin Place, St James and Town Hall stations . After the March finishes at 1pm, trains will run to a regular Sunday timetable to get you back home.
Trains will run every 10 to 15 minutes as per a regular Sunday timetable with the following additional early-morning trains to get you to Martin Place for the Dawn Service.
- T1 North Shore Line: from Hornsby at 02:57 and 03:02, arriving at Wynyard at 03:41 and 03:47 and Town Hall at 03:46, 03:50.
- T1 Northern Line: from Berowra at 02:45, arriving at Town Hall at 03:54 and Wynyard at 03:56.
- T1 Western Line:
- From Richmond at 02:30, arriving at Town Hall at 03:46 and Wynyard at 03:48.
- From Emu Plains at 02:26, arriving at Town Hall at 03:39 and Wynyard at 03:41.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line:
- From Leppington at 02:40, arriving (via Regents Park) at Wynyard at 03:54.
- From Leppington at 02:44, arriving (via Granville) at Wynyard at 04:01.
- From Lidcombe at 03:02, arriving at Town Hall at 03:43 and at Wynyard at 03:47.
- T3 Bankstown Line: leaving from Lidcombe at 02:50, arriving at Wynyard at 03:55 and Town Hall at 03:58.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line:
- From Waterfall at 02:53, arriving at Martin Place at 03:52.
- From Cronulla at 02:57, arriving at Martin Place at 04:00.
- Services run between Central and Bondi Junction stopping at Martin Place every 15 minutes from 3.10am until 5.10am. After such time services run every 15-30 minutes.
- T8 Airport & South Line: leaving from Macarthur at 02:40, arriving at Town Hall at 04:07 and Wynyard at 04:11.
- Blue Mountains Line: leaving from Lithgow at 00:49, arriving at Town Hall at 03:54.
- Southern Highlands Line: leaving from Moss Vale at 01:35, arriving at Central at 03:36. Change at Central for services to Martin Place.
- South Coast Line: leaving from Kiama at 01:13, arriving at Martin Place at 03:58.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: leaving from Newcastle Interchange at 00:35, arriving at Wynyard at 03:41. Leaving fromGosford at 02:07, arriving at Wynyard at 03:47.
- Hunter Line: leaving from Telarah at 03:49, arriving at Newcastle Interchange at 04:28.
Buses will run to a Sunday timetable with additional early-morning services starting from 2.30am on key routes into the city from the Northern Beaches, Lower North Shore, Inner West, Lane Cove, Macquarie Park, Eastern Suburbs and Victoria Road.
Additional services will run on the following routes:
- Route 178 between Dee Why and Wynyard
- Route 183 between Narrabeen / Pittwater and Wynyard
- Route 207 between East Lindfield and Wynyard
- Route 247 between Mosman and Wynyard
- Route 288 between Epping and Sussex St, Sydney CBD
- Route 292 between Lane Cove / Marsfield and the city
- Route 333 between Bondi and the city
- Route 343 between Chatswood / Kingsford and Martin Place
- Routes 394 and 396 between Little Bay/Maroubra and Martin Place
- Route L90 between Mona Vale/Newport and the city
- Route 423 between Kingsgrove and Martin Place
- Route 428 between Canterbury and Martin Place
- Route 431 between Glebe Point and Martin Place
- Route 433 between Birchgrove/Abbotsford and the city
- Route 461 between Burwood and the city
- Route 470 between Lilyfield and Martin Place
- Routes 500 and 520 between Parramatta/Ryde and Circular Quay
- Route M52 between Parramatta and the city
For details of all the additional services, plan your trip using the Trip Planner.